Friday night Shawn and I made our way to his parents. The chill in the air was delightful. Future of Forestry sang Do You Hear What I Hear to us. As the lyrics danced in my head I started to wonder…
- What fear did Mary and Joseph feel as her contractions started?
- Did Joseph beat himself up, feeling as though he couldn’t provide for his family as inn door after inn door was slammed with it’s proprietor saying no room?
- Did Mary’s maternal instincts fret over all the nesting she’d done as they slowly made their way to Bethlehem and the fear that she might go into labor resting on her young shoulders?
- Did the angels dance in expectant jubilation as Mary’s contractions became more frequent? Did they “hold their breaths”?
- What were the shepherds thinking/discussing amongst themselves as they left their fields for a rickety stable?
- Did creation groan in joy as Jesus took His first breath and screamed as the chill of the night air rushed His formerly warm body?
- Did Satan curse?